Monday, January 5, 2015

At the end of 2014...


Name: Claire (nicknames: CJ, ClaireBear, Munchkin, Munchins, Stinker, Dinker, Dinkerdoo, Princess, Princess P, Princess Pete, Stinky Pete, Pete)
Age: 6 months
Favorite book: anything read by Daddy (Dr. Suess, Shel Silverstein, children's books) 
Favorite song: Mommy's voice (primary songs, You Are My Sunshine, made up songs - usually to the tune of Here Comes Peter Cottontail)
My teachers: Mommy and Daddy
My good friends: Cora, William, big kids at church
How I like to spend my time: rolling on the floor, bouncing in my seat, sitting in my high chair with toys, sleeping, chewing on everything
Favorite color: I like textures more than colors right now.
Favorite food: Mom's milk
What I learned this year: how to roll, smile, laugh, sit and stand with support, hug, reach for Mom and Dad, "talk"
Hardest thing of the year: growing teeth, missing naps, new foods, getting shots
Some of my goals: sitting up all by myself, trying new foods, crawling

Name: Amy, Mommy
Age: 23
Favorite book: Deep Cover
Favorite song: Love is Spoken Here
My teachers: Claire, kids in our class at church
My good friends: Family, Catherine & Stephen, Hanna & Aaron, Katina, Angie, Anne...
How I like to spend my time: playing with CJ, talking to Andrew, breastfeeding, reading, playing board games, shopping by myself, talking to friends and family, researching places to visit
Favorite color: garnet, silver
Favorite food: Dr. Pepper, chocolate, baguette with butter
What I learned this year: what it's like to be a parent, a little about military life, that Belgian butter is WAY better than American butter, that American steak is WAY better than Belgian steak, that I can do hard things
Hardest thing of the year: living far away from family (Andrew for the first half of the year and then everyone else for the second), adjusting to life as a stay-at-home-mom
Favorite memory: When Andrew surprised me with a visit for the 4th of July, 10 days after I had CJ.  It was the first time we were together as a family of 3.
What I loved most about 2014: spending time with my family, whether in person or using technology
Some of my goals: empty all the boxes, do what is best for my family, spend time on myself, blog more

Name: Andrew Lee Carroll
Age: Immortal
Favorite book: Ender's Game
Favorite song: have no clue...maybe Sparks Fly, Taylor Swift
My teachers: home teachers, Claire
My good friends: CATHERINE AND STEPHEN JEFFCOAT
How I like to spend my time: playing computer games and making my daughter laugh
Favorite color: GARNET
Favorite food: PB&J on fresh Belgian wheat bread with a Coke and Goldfish
What I learned this year: Being a dad is the coolest thing in the world
Hardest thing of the year: Being separated from my family for 7 months
Favorite memory: Surprising visit to my wife and newborn daughter while away at tech school
What I loved most about 2014: Getting paid...Tricare..hmmm...maybe getting to move to a new place with my family and start a treasure hunt an adventure!
Some of my goals: To be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this, what a neat idea! But what about Piper's year? :p

    ReplyDelete