Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Celebrating the New Year

I love this time of year.
Thanksgiving - a time for thinking of the good things in our lives.
Christmas - a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, as well as a time of gift giving and receiving.
New Years - a time to reflect on the past year, as well as looking forward to what the new year has to bring!

2014, what a wild and crazy ride it's been!  Andrew completed basic training and tech school for the Air Force, became a father, moved to Europe, and started working as a broadcast journalist at AFN.  I worked at 3 different jobs (at different times), had a baby, moved to Europe (with a 2.5 month old), and became a stay-at-home mom.  CJ was born(!!), learned to smile/roll over/laugh/squeal/etc, and is now working on "talking" and scooting across the floor!  She also made a trip to Wyoming to visit her cousins and moved to Europe before she was 3 months old!  She's had a busy 6 months.  Andrew and I were apart for 208 days in 2014, including the day CJ was born.  Those 208 days were hard (some more than others), but I feel like it has made me more appreciative of the times we are together.  It won't be the last time we are separated, but I'm definitely enjoying our life right now!  We love it here so far.  We have made friends quickly, and living in Europe is cool!  (Also, the butter, bread, and chocolate are delicious.)

We already have big plans for 2015!  We're planning a trip to Germany in January, I am going to Ireland with friends in February, Andrew's parents are coming to visit this summer, and my parents are planning a trip for the winter.  We also hope to visit Paris and Amsterdam (both are close) at some point this year.

I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season and 2014.  If it wasn't your year, I wish you the best for 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment