Friday, June 26, 2015

A New Word

Tonight, my 1 year and 4 day old baby pathetically cried "Moooommmmyyyy!!!" from her crib a few minutes after I laid her down to go to sleep.  Normally, I'll let her cry a little before I go get her.  Tonight, 3 "Mommys" was all it took.

Me: Andrew, did you just hear "MOMMY"?
Andrew: Yep.
Me: "MommY", not "Mama"?
Andrew: Yep.
Me: ...I'm just gonna rock her for a few minutes and calm her down.

I rocked her until she was just shy of asleep.  Then I came downstairs and reveled in the fact that my baby can say Mommy!!



I don't really believe a baby can be "spoiled" by too much attention, or "too much love" as I call it.  I want her to know that when she calls me, I will come.

Now, if only I could get her to call me by my name when she isn't upset...

No comments:

Post a Comment